Freitag, 4. Mai 2012

Tag 12 - Brainwashed by a profit-culture: Body Image




Body image

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see myself as too fat and clumsy and therefore judge myself of being inferior and unattractive.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to try and use my body as a property that I can model and form according to common beauty images.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to be concerned all the time about my appearance and thus became nervous whenever I felt somebody was watching me with a judging eye.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to become nervous and anxious whenever I was in the presence of women because I was only concerned about being attractive and interesting so that I would be acknowledged which would then give me an ego boost.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to abuse myself as my body whenever I felt like giving up on myself and the aim to fulfill a beauty image, because I didn't have the success I expected.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to identify myself in relation to an image of how a man should look and behave like according to media and current trends.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to become brainwashed by movies and media in a way that I thought they would tell the truth about human nature when they present role models and women that find men like movie stars attractive and interesting.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to become a slave to my ideals about body images and the acknowledgement I could recieve when I fulfill them, especially the acknowledgement of women.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become dependant in my self identification to a value system generated by media and the industry.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to think I would need to fulfill all the expectations planted in my thoughts through movies and media about being attractive, successful and a womanizer in order to be 'happy' and to live a fulfilled life.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to search for 'my' Life in all those movie scripts that were generated in my mind, influenced by cultural, public, irrational values and norms.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to reject myself because I saw that I was not able to fulfill all those ideals.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to ignore the obvious artificiality of all those ideals about successful, happy and attractive people in movies and media and the real root causes for their accepted status in public life.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to become fearful and shy and that I tried to hide my body behind wide clothing because I felt inferior and unattractive in relation to all others.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to sustain and strengthen these mind systems of imaginary beauty-idealism through victimizing myself to those structures.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to abuse the body that I am by rejecting and disregarding it in my mind, by ignoring it's basic needs and refusing to accept my self responsibility in supporting it as the Life that it is.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to put my own self interest as the mind and Ego above everything else, especially above the responsibility to care for my own body as well as being a support for all Life.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to see women and their devotion as a matter of pushing one's own ego by regarding oneself as attractive and admirable.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to live as an idea of myself which never really was myself and never met what I represented in life.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to create all kinds of conflicts and controversials, manipulate and abuse people just because I was trying to keep my self image alive and justified by my own thought concepts.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to daydream about myself and possible situations in which I might appear like a hero and become popular, admired and acknowledged by others.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to enslave myself to ideals and thoughts that I had about how I should look like and behave like, which were all influenced, generated and programmed by movies, stories and media.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to never question all those values and thought concepts that I had about 'my personal Life' and just started to try to fulfill my role like an actor.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to think I was becoming more successful and happier just because I became a better actor.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself at some age to suppress those Ideas and 'dreams' and to think I would have overcome them.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to reanimate this idealism without recognizing it first when I seriously started to train my body.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to use thoughts and concepts of attractiveness, beauty and sex as a motivator for my physical exercises.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to look for confirmation of others, to observe their reactions towards me in order to feel better and have more self esteem.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed vanity to determine how I feel.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to become obsessed and addicted to regular exercise and that I felt bad-tempered when I missed a single training.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to feel superior to others that did not have such a self disciplin and were not as fit as I was.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to think that common beauty images and body health were the same.

I forgive myself tha I accepted and allowed myself to use tha idea about health and beauty images as motivators for my trainings.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to betray myself as my body when I followed those motivations founded in these thought concepts.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to become enslaved to my desire for sex and thus started to adjust myself to the commonly accepted and admired images.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to refuse to realize myself as Life as the body and that supporting Life would mean - and can only mean - the self honest support of all Life and thus this can never be done by following thought concepts and values given by profit oriented industry that merely creates images in the minds of people, ideals that are not even desireable when self is realized as equal-life-individuality, but above all they are unachievable and dependant on irrational and abusive consumerism.

There is nothing wrong with physical exercise. It is obvious that the body is able to and needs to move. As we are living in a world system where many 'bodies' are forced to remain in one position, usually a sitting position, for many hours each day, we see and face the actual consequences as obesity, thrombosis, back pain, neck pain and other orthopaetic demages. To support the body, it's functionality is common sense, even in a world where millions have not even a choice. But if one has the choice it must be obvious common sense that with it comes the responsibility to change the world system to one that is a support for all life, otherwise this ambition remains purely self centered, a personal competition with others, a mind game about status and self interest.
Almost everyone nowadays who is practising some kind of sport seems to be motivated by comparism, competition and status. The 'health' issue is merely an accessory. Even if health is the primary point, it is always just a support for the mind, the ego, to feel superior, better and stronger than others. Sport has become an industry, a market where sex is the key selling argument. This is obvious in all sports advertising.
To support the body as Life, from a common sense starting point turns the paradigm from self interest and self adulation to Life interest and Life affirmation where a certain, very individually formed body shape will become a physical consequence and will no longer be the main motivation as an adaption to an idealised image.
The body and it's design will form the shape itself, while you as the being will support the Life that you are, using common sense and self determination from a starting point of self-honest acceptance of your self responsibility for all Life. From this starting point one can see that specific exerxise is only necessairy living in a system where humans enslave themselves into lifes where they are forced to live and behave abusive to their bodys AND towards Life in general.
So even the ideas we have about health, body shaping and physical exercise lead in self honest consequence to the one point: we have failed and never developed, we have degenerated and we need to change our human world, our values, norms, cultures, ideologies and self identifications.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen